Date: Jul 27, 2019 10:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Location: UIW Feik School of Pharmacy, 703 E. Hildebrand, San Antonio, TX, 78212
The University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
- The participant will only receive credit for programs after receiving a 70% on a post-test and an evaluation form is completed and submitted.
- The entire session must be attended to receive credit. No partial credit will be given.
- Certificates will not be mailed. Contact hours will be uploaded to NABP's CPE Monitor after successful completion of post-test and program evaluation.
- To receive credit, participant profiles must contain a valid NABP e-profile ID number and month/date of birth.
- All requirements to receive credit must be completed within six weeks of participation in the CPE program. Failure to complete requirements within the six-week window will result in no credit awarded to the participant.
Please choose a Fee Type from the Drop Down Menu Below:I am a
2. Identify new adult patients eligible for the hepatitis A vaccine following the 2019 adult immunization schedule
3. Screen patients who may be ineligible to receive the live attenuated influenza vaccine due to comorbidities.
4. Describe the difference between ACIP recommendations and FDA indications for human papillomavirus.
Johnathan Cuevas, PharmD
2. Identify opportunities for pharmacy as a result of newly-enacted legislation.
3. Describe the importance of pharmacist and technician involvement in the state legislative process.
level, state level and national level.
2. Differentiate between the naloxone products on the market and choose
the best product for a given patient.
3. Identify patients at risk and dispense naloxone under current Texas law.
J. Nile Barnes
2. Assign a beyond-use-date to a sterile compounded product using the newer recommendations to be
published in the updated USP 797 standards.
3. Describe the techniques needed to maintain sterility in the clean room.
4. Discuss and employ solutions for pitfalls in the sterile process when observing or compounding.
Mike De Luna